LED strip in the headlights.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Once you get the lenses off of the lights, especially if you have aftermarket headlights, DO NOT attempt to clean or wipe the chrome reflective material. That 'chrome' is barely millimeters thick. One rub, & it's gone, leaving nothing but black plastic, severely reducing the H/L's effectiveness. And it'll just look ugly too!
Hmmm...how DO I know this?
That was a rather expensive lesson! Doh!

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
Once you get the lenses off of the lights, especially if you have aftermarket headlights, DO NOT attempt to clean or wipe the chrome reflective material. That 'chrome' is barely millimeters thick. One rub, & it's gone, leaving nothing but black plastic, severely reducing the H/L's effectiveness. And it'll just look ugly too!

Good tip, thanks

Sent while drivi-

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score

Good to know lol

JK360

Reaction score
Yeah dont touch the chrome at all. even the black paint on mine was flaking around the lens housing. Not in spots where it was noticable though. Also, I have ebay headlights and theres a little plastic divider between the high and low side. I had to slightly trim the bottom to get the led strip to fit perfectly flush. I used angle cutters and a razor knife. It was easy.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Look's good, I would like to see what 2 of those strips would look like in the parking light, instead of oe bulbs.

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
Cool I plan on doing this but in a little different way. I'm going to run the lights around the perimeter of the lights like so:
You must be registered for see images attach

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Cool I plan on doing this but in a little different way. I'm going to run the lights around the perimeter of the lights like so:
You must be registered for see images attach

Im gona do the same in red