LED strip in the headlights.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JK360

Reaction score
A few guys asked me to do a write up on how I did these so here it goes:

I picked up a set of these form pep boys for around $25. They had different colors and lengths and i chose 12" and white.

You must be registered for see images attach

Remove your headlights from the truck and remove the 4 metal clips holding the lens on. Now heres the tricky part. you have to slowly pry the lens from the housing without cracking it. you can maybe use a heat gun to warm uo the old sealant.. I used 2 small flat head screwdrivers and went really slow around the housing. Once i had the lens off, i drilled a small hole in the bottom outside corners to get the wires through. id say it was a 1/8 or 3/16 bit.

I then ran the wires through and figured out if i had to cut the strip at all. I did not. 12" was perfect. I peeled the backing off of the 3M adhesive and line it up on the bottom edge and pressed it firmly into place.

Once i had both sides done i put a new bead of black rtv sealant in the groves of the lenses and pressed them back on and put the clips on. I let them sit for a little bit and then i reinstalled me headlights

As for wiring them, when i bought my truck the PO had a huge grille guard on it with KC lights. I took the gaurd and the lights off but left the wiring. I hooked these up to them. He had them wired with the accesoriess on the ignition switch so they would only work with the key in the on position. This works for me so i can leave the switch in the cab on at all times but the lights go off when the truck is off. Eventually im gonna come up with a way to make them work so they stay on all the time, but will flash with the blinker. Im not really worried about that yet.

Heres the finished product:

In all it took me about 1.5-2 hours. Its really easy. The hardest part was seperating the lenses but even that took all of 10 mins for both. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Oh and as for as not having the DRL on, i pushed my parking brake pedal down one click. Im pretty sure my parking brake doesnt work so this wont hurt them. Ill eventually fix them and just disconnect the drl module.

Good luck!!

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Awesome man!! Ill probably be doing this if you wana make them blink with the signals search tow mirrior wiring and wire these up like the leds in the tow mirriors shouls be the exact same

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
It makes the truck look so mean. May try to tackle this tomorrow

Sent while drivi-

Hunttman01

resident sh't starter
Reaction score
Awesome man!! Ill probably be doing this if you wana make them blink with the signals search tow mirrior wiring and wire these up like the leds in the tow mirriors shouls be the exact same

I wanna do em in orange...

sent from Rustbucket

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
That could be sweet i wana do um in red but that might be illegal

racer36

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is awesome, but as for drl, why not pull the fuse instead of using the parking brake?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GriffisClnCo