LED light bar custom mounting project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ebowers_33

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm still getting used to this forum and I recently got a LED light bar for Christmas and decided to mount it differently than I've seen. Mounted inside the bumper with a plexiglass cover over that bar protecting it further and makes it harder to steal, check it out and tell me what you think. Much much better than my 55watt ballast 8000k HIDs
You must be registered for see images attach

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love this idea but won't it cut down the light out put reflecting off the glass on the inside? Plus the glare

ebowers_33

Reaction score
I love this idea but won't it cut down the light out put reflecting off the glass on the inside? Plus the glare

I was worried of the same thing also was worried of the LEDs putting off to much heat and melting the plexiglass. But with it flush up against the plexiglass the glare is reduced significantly and the light output is nearly the same

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was worried of the same thing also was worried of the LEDs putting off to much heat and melting the plexiglass. But with it flush up against the plexiglass the glare is reduced significantly and the light output is nearly the same
That's good, I would think while your moving the air flow would keep it cool, always wondered why people talk about then over heating while driving, the constant air flow I would think would be sufficient

Live action!!