LED Hazard/ Emergency Flasher Relay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
On the 1988-1994 trucks it's supposed to be clipped in along the side of the column but by now most of them have been snatched out of the clip and is just hanging in the mess of harness. Look in the general area of above your right knee under the dash for the round can style flasher. Switching to an electronic style flasher that is designed for LED use should fix your hazard issue, assuming there are no other problems with your setup.

Richard

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On the 1988-1994 trucks it's supposed to be clipped in along the side of the column but by now most of them have been snatched out of the clip and is just hanging in the mess of harness. Look in the general area of above your right knee under the dash for the round can style flasher. Switching to an electronic style flasher that is designed for LED use should fix your hazard issue, assuming there are no other problems with your setup.

Richard
Thats the info i was looking for for that; thank!

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found it. Still plugged into the dash above fuses. I had to take a pic then feel around for It. Went to auto zone but they didnt have the led one. Only a heavy duty, which didnt do the trick. Advance auto has the led so ima run by there tomorrow

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On most of the trucks the hazard flasher is not mounted on the convience center where the turn flasher is located. Look to the rear from the convience center location above your shins near the obd socket on the panel backside should be a small round flasher with two wires. I'm not sure when the year or location may have changed. But it will be in that area. A flasher is just that, it note a relay as a remotly activated switch. A relay is a relay switched on or off. A flasher activated is self controlled. Apples and oranges. Your 93 has separate flasher reach under dash next to obd socket in a u clip.Remember LED s are electronic. Grab that sixty watt lightbulb feel that? Hot huh? The resistance of tungsten filament creates heat, the current flows through the flasher as the bimetal contact heats and expands and contracts it makes contact, flash then cools flash off. LED's don't have as much resitance therefore the flasher see's full current immediately no momentary buildup. Fast flashing. Same as if your tail light turn signal bulb burnt out. LED's have wide voltage operating range. My maglite leds bulbs 2 D cell to 6 D cell. Same bulb. Ever tryed that with regular incandescent? So your turn signal flasher is probly not your problem. Wiring or need a electronic hazard flasher. Class over.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found it after i took a bunch of pics sinxe i couldn’t exactly see ..

Now i cant find a electronic / LED any of the stores around here. The Novita EL12 is stamped led, and has it on the box… but all the auto stores near me sell the heavy duty novita EL12.MS1 .
I asked advance auto and oreilly to order the EL12 stamped LED and they say they cant ‍♂️

Attachments

• 48024796-2125-4892-AD17-66FA3D8A279C.jpeg
    48024796-2125-4892-AD17-66FA3D8A279C.jpeg
    273.7 KB · Views: 40

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry? Lol. I just did a quick Google search and that's what came up.
Yea i wasnt tryna be an ass if it came off that way. Sorry.

ive already checked out and messaged most sellers on ebay & amazon who did confirm unless it says led on the relay that they just work in combination with incandescent .

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I can't see what 618 linked for some reason, so if I'm suggesting the same one.. well..

Why not try a flasher recommended by people that sell automotive LED's? SuperbrightLEDs and V-LEDS both offer the CF12ANL-01 flasher which is a 2 pin that should fit your hazard flasher application. It's about $8-$10 anywhere you find it. If you search that part # on a-zon you'll find multiple versions of it along with similar ones and can read all the Chinese paid-for reviews you please. ;) :D

Richard