Kodiak/topkick exterior handle rods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
On the mold making check out company called Alumalite, I use them for casting resin but there's people who use it to repop automotive pieces either factory looking or custom pieces.

I looked at what they had, although I feel resin would not work well for door rods. Maybe aluminum might work but I'd be worried of it snapping.

Could always make a sand mold if you are super desperate and then pour molten metal to make some rods!

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
I'd imagine it would be quite a bit, I'll send over an email and see what they say. Dorman never replied back to me either.

GMT_TANK

Reaction score
So I broke down a tracked down a full set of rods pawls and handles for 65$ shipped. Not to shabby. Instead of free handing them from photos like my prototypes, I can mold them and free hand bend them to the dimensions needed. They should show up some time next well after Christmas hopefully. Then I can get work... also, Found out that “music wire” is hardened steel like c100 hard...it’s no meant to be machined or tapped. I got my national guy hunting down some hardened aluminum rods for me. I figure aluminum will be better and last. I’ll keep you guys posted on the progress

Last edited:

4player

Wookie Wagon
Reaction score
I am attempting to bend my own rods as well. I have a drivers side set, but need the passenger side. I will post any pics I have if I have any luck.

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
i was fortunate to get one complete set from a member here. purchased another complete set from two HD doors. think i have 100 in both sets. will be going on the crew cab soon. this and the other thread will help organize the pieces. thanks Z71Hobbs for the pics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiej80