keyless entry remote questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'd need a hell of a tank/compressor setup for that thing....

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
Train horns are awesome but i think id have to much fun with it, jus too many cops and stupid drivers in this town haha plus expensive. As far as the beeper goes ima take a closer look at my grandpas 99 that beeps and compare the way its wired and talk to a chevy dealer, if i figure out how ill let you guys know.

-Mike

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Bump for possible update. Anyone with a 98 have time to check out their wiring or what makes the horn honk?

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
Prosho havent had any luck yet and the time to look over my gpas 99 but if i find out ill def let you know.

97crewcab

Reaction score
To program the remote you jump pins 4 an 8 on the aldl. The locks will cycle, after they cycle hold the lock an unlock buttons on the remote at the same time until the locks cycle again. Repeat for up to 4 remotes. After you've programmed all the remotes remove the jumper in the aldl an test the remotes.

You can get the remotes off Ebay, that's where I got mine just make sure they are the same part number that's on the back of the remote you have now.

Mine blows the horn when you press the lock button twice. Is that the beeper your refering too???

Bumping an old thread instead of starting a new one. What can/should I check if I can not enter the program mode? When I jump pins 4 and 8 together, nothing happens, no lock or unlock of the doors. The truck has power locks/windows, I would assume that means its capable of keyless entry from the factory?

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
Bumping an old thread instead of starting a new one. What can/should I check if I can not enter the program mode? When I jump pins 4 and 8 together, nothing happens, no lock or unlock of the doors. The truck has power locks/windows, I would assume that means its capable of keyless entry from the factory?

if it doesn't run the cycle it is possible to not have keyless entry. Most would assume that if it has power locks and windows that it would have keyless entry but that false, i thought the same till i helped a member on here try to figure out if he keyless entry on here. Give me a few and ill look the thread up on how to find out if u have keyless entry or not.

edit: heres the thread : http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?14125-another-keyless-entry-question

If your truck has keyless entry there will be a RPO code AUO in the glove box.