Keyless entry question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twithers

Reaction score
I added a Viper Keyless entry/ Security system.

I got everything to work except for the main reason I bought it, the keyless entry.

It has a 2 wire plug (1 blue and 1 green wire) that sends the door lock and unlock pulse.

Looking at how the power door lock switch is built, I'm not sure how to get the remote lock and unlock to work. When you push lock, for example, It removes the ground from the lock (light blue) wire, and supply the 12v power from the power wire (orange/black) to the lock wire, while doing this, the ground must be maintained to the unlock wire (black/red) to make the lock motor cycle. The opposite of all that must happen to make the unlock motor cycle.

So how do I install the lock wire and unlock wire to male it work properly?

Are there separate relays somewhere else (behind the glove box?) that I can send the pulse to?

Thanks.

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
You need a dei 451m. The locks run off of ground wires and this module makes it work

Sent from my 5.3 powered iPhone

twithers

Reaction score
I was looking at one of those online and it has a 5 pin molex plug to connect to the main module. My Viper's main module doesn't have a 5 pin plug. It's door lock/unlock plug is a 3 pin with 2 wires coming out of it. How does the 451m work in that case?

Also, I read that the 451m has 2 relays inside to make the lock system work. I have 2 DEI 610T relays, could I wire those up somehow to do what I need?

twithers

Reaction score
So, I got the whole thing working by using 2 basic DEI 610T relays I had on hand from old ideas. It works with the clicker and the regular interior pushbuttons, along with locking the doors automatically when I start driving and unlocking automatically when I turn off the truck.

If anyone is having similiar problems getting their keyless entry to work and need some help, just shoot me a message. I kept the sctratchpad schematic I made to figure it out, so I can scan that in as well, if it will help anyone.

Thanks.