JY Oil Cooler Lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donald Roy

Reaction score
Okay so I went to the local parts yard and got some Oil Cooler lines, as the OE lines are leaking (one is a bit rubbed from the PO).
Any suggestions on what to clean the insides with, that won't have an adverse effect on the engine/oil/seals/and anything else?

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Probably any degreaser you happen to have on your shelf.... Purple Power? Simple Green? Gunk?

The problem for me would be not being able to run a brush through it..... Maybe stick it on the end of a pressure washer, and see how far you accidentally launch it, while spraying yourself?

I would probably not get a used one for fear it would leak at the crimps just like the one I was trying to replace. Any original is going to be old. You've already taken the time, and spent the money, so not much harm in finishing the job.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
One problem with the used lines besides possibly leaking at the crimps will be the old-rings where it screws into the radiator, unless you've got Jiffy tite connectors there too...... I did not on my truck, but I've got a late 400. I think the earlier trucks used Jiffy-tites on both ends.

I tried getting o-rings once, and the universal o-ring box that every parts store has had o-rings that were too thick. I ended up going to the dealer, who had them in stock for cheap, but I think they've been discontinued now. I suppose you could probably get some at the hardwater store, but they may not survive as long if they're for household plumbing.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Engine cooler or transmission cooler?

I used this for transmission cooler flush when I swapped trannies (burnt up transmission):
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

If you have a parts washer, you may be able to rig something up with some mineral spirits or heavy duty degreaser. Blow it off with compressed air. Should be fine.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Engine cooler or transmission cooler?

I used this for transmission cooler flush when I swapped trannies (burnt up transmission):
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

If you have a parts washer, you may be able to rig something up with some mineral spirits or heavy duty degreaser. Blow it off with compressed air. Should be fine.

This? www.amazon.com/Lubegard-19001-Tranny-Kooler-Trasmission/dp/B001DKNH8I

Your link doesn't show up, when you try to link to Amazon without deleteing the stuff before the "www".

Donald Roy

Reaction score
Should have specified... engine oil cooler lines. And for the record, the pair cost a whole $2; the truck they came off of was spotless for oil leaks. It had been barrel-rolled...