JWall's 98 Reg Cab SWB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JWall

@jwall202
Reaction score
Well I got quite a bit done this weekend...
I got the rear RideTech kit installed, the tank mounts made, painted the tank and mounts, got the compressor brackets mounted, and mounted compressors.
Along with some cleaning and painting along the way.

I am still going to make a flat plate for mounting relays, power junction, valve block etc. I plan to mount it back where the rear crossmember is.

Still have the front to do, then plumb and wire.

You must be registered for see images attach

JWall

@jwall202
Reaction score
Looks rad, my man. Do you ever plan on doing a motor swap, or are you gonna keep it O.G. with the 350?

It'd have to give me a reason to do a motor swap. lol
It runs too good as it is. And is super clean.
If it ever need a motor i'd probably do a LS with a power adder of some sort.
But Billet wheels, rear disc conversion, an interior change, & other stuff are ahead of that in line.

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It'd have to give me a reason to do a motor swap. lol
It runs too good as it is. And is super clean.
If it ever need a motor i'd probably do a LS with a power adder of some sort.
But Billet wheels, rear disc conversion, an interior change, & other stuff are ahead of that in line.
I know what you mean. Even at 270k, my 5.7 still runs awesome. It doesn't leak a drop of oil, still has plenty of power and you can sit a cup of coffee on the top of it and won't move. As these trucks disappear, it'll be incredibly rare of the ones that still have their original powertrains.

JWall

@jwall202
Reaction score
Got the front kit installed Saturday & got to see its new stance....

JWall

@jwall202
Reaction score
Sunday I spent most the day cleaning the shop & putting tools up but did get the rear mounting plate (for mounting relays, power junction, valve block, etc) made, painted & installed along with a few other small things...

Tim W

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some more updates...

First off I installed a new GM grille, with new sport bowtie just because I am **** and wanted one without some of the pitting my old grille had on it.
I decided not to go with a billet grille insert this time but did paint the grey grille insert satin black.
Then I switched to a new 1 piece molding bumper with a new GM 1 piece molding.

Did u get the grill from GM? I need one too but I dont want a LMC Chinese Grill.

Tim W

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes same here. The GM dealer near me is not so good. Did you get from an actual dealer or is there a place on line i can get one?

Thanks man

JWall

@jwall202
Reaction score
Yes same here. The GM dealer near me is not so good. Did you get from an actual dealer or is there a place on line i can get one?

Thanks man
So, I bought it thru Amazon (searched part #) but then it said to the right order was fulfilled by Whatever Name Chevy dealership. Then it was shipped straight from that dealer to me. GM grille in unopened box.
GMPartsdirect or similar should have it but shipping price killed the deal thru most of them.