JWall's 98 Reg Cab SWB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cheap Heap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What a beautiful truck, I really like the bumper with the molding on it, makes everything flows better. I don’t think I’d change anything about your truck, it’s really prefect.

Garage Hack

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some more updates...

First off I installed a new GM grille, with new sport bowtie just because I am **** and wanted one without some of the pitting my old grille had on it.
I decided not to go with a billet grille insert this time but did paint the grey grille insert satin black.
Then I switched to a new 1 piece molding bumper with a new GM 1 piece molding.

You must be registered for see images attach

Looks great. Where did you find a new grill and that bowtie?

JWall

@jwall202
Reaction score
Good parts ain't cheap!
Going to run RideTech's wishbone rear air ride set up with shock wave bags (with adjustable rebound rate) & in front doing cool ride bag set up with tubular upper & lower control arms along with their "Muscle Bar" sway bar & HQ series adjustable shocks. So pretty much everything suspension wise will be new and RideTech.

Sway bar is black..... just still has cover on it in this pic....

Last edited:

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can't wait to see it done. I'll be curious on your review of their wishbone setup .I think you're the first on here to get it. Definitely seems like ridetech is surpassing all of the other lowering kit companies.

JWall

@jwall202
Reaction score
Can't wait to see it done. I'll be curious on your review of their wishbone setup .I think you're the first on here to get it. Definitely seems like ridetech is surpassing all of the other lowering kit companies.

Ridetech has killer parts. They arent cheap but quality is worth it.
This truck wont be the lowest truck out there but it should sit good while retaining factory bed floor & inner fenders in front.
After the suspension is done it'll be time to save up for a wheel upgrade.
This thing is gonna need some nice billets... Schotts, Boyds, or something...

JWall

@jwall202
Reaction score
Well time to get the party started! Got the bed off yesterday & gave it a quick powerwashing.

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ridetech has killer parts. They arent cheap but quality is worth it.
This truck wont be the lowest truck out there but it should sit good while retaining factory bed floor & inner fenders in front.
After the suspension is done it'll be time to save up for a wheel upgrade.
This thing is gonna need some nice billets... Schotts, Boyds, or something...
I'm all about the low life when it comes to trucks, but I still want to be able to use it. I don't want my truck bed raised so high that can't even set a bag of trash back there. Lol
Billets would look killer. I'm glad they're coming back. Let me know how you like the wishbone. If I'm going to notch my frame, it will only be for a major upgrade like that.