Just scored my "holy grail"!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beason

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just picked up this 89 sport last night for a decent price. Same year and body style I had in high school. It's got a few issues, but it's in really good shape for 34 year old truck. Seems to be all original, with maybe an aftermarket muffler.

Plan to get the small things fixed up and drive it for a while. Going to have a lot of questions. I didn't work on my old one much so I'm fairly new to this platform.

Eventually plan to get to about 400hp with a 50 shot, street/strip truck. Will be matching my old red/silver two tone paint!
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• 20230515_090252.jpg
    20230515_090252.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 15

tswiz166

Reaction score
Congrats! Don't ever see the BYP optioned trucks. My old man had a black 90 sport when I was a kid, I always loved that thing. As far as i know they don't reproduce that trim with the red striping underneath, be careful with it. Enjoy!

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome and congratulations on your find. Not many would have the bal$$ to take a kinda rare optioned truck and paint it like an "old mans" rig, but I TOTALLY get it!!! Mine is pretty damn rare as well....and one day it shall be black as my heart!!!! Just like the truck I wished I had in highschool. Keep us posted.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Good looking truck. I also saw your post on the FB OBS Houston page. Do yourself a BIG favor and get a top quality kill switch setup immediately - I'd suggest a Ravelco, and also hide some air tags/smart tags in several places. In this area, the OBS trucks are getting as popular suddenly as "cateye" GMT800's. They're easy theft targets and the prices are going up on whole trucks and parts.

Not trying to be a bummer on your post, just trying to be sure you can keep your truck instead of these rats out here getting a hold of it. If you've been around Houston long you are probably already aware the auto theft situation has gotten significantly worse the last couple years and these trucks are eye candy to the thieves.

Richard