It just fell into my lap.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Thanks!

Other than some phonetography once in a while I stick to visual. Don't have the patience for all the processing required for astrophotography. And I like looking through eyepieces over staring at a computer screen.

Here's my set up. I also have an 80mm refractor that I use for solar viewing.

The dobsonian is an Orion XT10. Binocs are Oberwerk 20X80.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks!

Other than some phonetography once in a while I stick to visual. Don't have the patience for all the processing required for astrophotography. And I like looking through eyepieces over staring at a computer screen.

That's freakin cool. I've been looking into telescopes, but not sure what all to get lol. There's so many and they get expensive real quick. That's an awesome set up

Reaction score
Not sure where in Houston you are located. There are two astronomy clubs down there. I'm certain that members of both would be happy to help you decide and let you look through telescopes to get an idea. I like the dobsonian because it's about as simple a set up as can be had in astronomy. And they're dummy proof so someone like me can use them. :waytogo:

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure where in Houston you are located. There are two astronomy clubs down there. I'm certain that members of both would be happy to help you decide and let you look through telescopes to get an idea. I like the dobsonian because it's about as simple a set up as can be had in astronomy. And they're dummy proof so someone like me can use them. :waytogo:
Is this a similar model you have? I see there's various models and prices.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

Welcome!
Those are some impressive looking glasses. Wonder if I could see the nudie beach from here with one of those?