It just fell into my lap.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Howdy from Texas.

New here and new to the GMT400s. I've been looking for a vehicle to haul my astronomy gear and do some overlanding since the darkest skies are usually off the beaten path. Got a call one day a few weeks ago from my son in law who manages a garage that he had a 99 Suburban needing an engine that he bought for $300. Put a new crate engine in and she's back on the road.

With 219,000 miles it needs some tlc but overall is clean for a 24 year old family daily driver. Once everything is mechanically sound again the overland build can begin.

Here's a pic or three.

You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Nice Burb, welcome to the forum, from Houston, Texas (the other end of I-45 LoL).
I have a '99 Burb in pewter, but mine is a Chevy. According to the VIN number report I had done on it, 1 in 3 Chevy 1500 Burbs were painted pewter in that model year run.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, all.

The motor we put in is a 5.7 Jasper crate engine. Went with the upgraded engine that has a little more power than stock.

My wife surprised me this week and had the interior detailed. I won't say it looks new but it's pretty close.
Heck yea! Start a build thread! Post lots of pictures! We all want to see. :cool: