Just acquired a '95 with the 4.3, year specific issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was referring to the addition of the 12 o'clock hole in the bellhousing that came around at the same time the LS was released, 99 or so. As for anything having the top hole earlier than 99, especially behind a 6.5, I'd venture to guess they were swapped to a newer style trans. However the late small blocks definitely did have a top hole that was used, I've seen quite a few in vans.

Also, LS engines use 8 bellhousing bolts, 2 are in the oil pan like on later 4.3's, however the bellhousing holes on the oil pan are in a different locations between the 2. I guess they are moreso dust-cover-to-oil-pan bolts with an 80e.

The trans with the 12 oclock bolt hole was definately a 95 down Van (was in a 92 4.3 G30 van) trans because it did not have the mounting boses for the 95+ Park/Neutral Range switch. I picked the 95 diesel trans for the Tahoe because it had the range switch where the earlier Van one did not and lacked the provisions to add it. The 3rd 4L80E in that yard was in a P-chassis and had a drum parking brake.