junkyard brake upgrade ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
It's probably mounted to it with some sort of adapter someone hand made. If not, it would let in moisture and rust the opening of the MC.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
I haven't a clue to be honest, just going by what it sounded like he was saying. I'm just wondering how the rod length from hydroboost was extended if they used a spacer/adapter to take up the gap. Maybe I missunderstood and the cylinder size isn't different, but instead bolt pattern is? :shrugs:

93 K1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I read about this on another site they guy hand ground the NBS larger so that it would fit the obs hydro. Then had to drill the mounting bolts bigger to. He said it worked great too, I think it is alot of work to have a setup that is Jimmy rigged. Ohh not to mention not if but when it fails, You should have a extra pair of boxers cause they are gonna get dirty:)

irishluder

Reaction score
No guys, the opening in the OBS hydro boost is too small to accept the bore of the NBS master cylinder. So what has to be done is the OBS booster needs to be machined another 1/4" bigger.

My question is if anyone knows the best tool for the job?

I think I've decided to just buy the OBS hydro unit and take it to a machinist to bore larger and install the new booster and NBS master cylinder.

jeebalow

Reaction score
Someone used a drill with a 1 1/4" grinding stone bit to get the job done and he said it worked fined. That was in THIS THREAD. Good read will lots of info. Hope that helps some of you. I think I will be swapping to NBS MC and 3/4 ton calipers soon.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
The only time I've seen it happen like that is if the movement sensors in the steering wheel aren't operating, or if the power steering pump is worn.