junkyard brake upgrade ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
because i think i have abs, its the black module on the side isnt it? at least my truck says it has it, ive never had to use it though, but id like to keep it if i have it

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Not 100% sure of your setup, but as far as I know, your abs is the rear wheel abs, which is for trailering, to keep back wheels from locking up under hard braking and causing a jack-knife. In my opinion, it's best to delete that rear wheel abs as soon as you start having the abs light come on. It tends to come on after you start rolling and stays on until you turn the ignition off. I've heard it's the box that most often goes out, with the exception of my 95, after an expensive full diagnostics, it was found to be the speed sensor in the rear differential.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
MOBS if you could get pics eventually, i cold probably grasp the whole concept more. im a bad learner when im just told what something is

Sorry for the late response, but better late than never, eh?

Also, the flashlight isn't shining directly at anything, I was just using it for it's peripheral light, the camera's flash wasn't working and if I shone the flashlight beam directly on a part, it would blind the camera for some reason.

Pump:
attachment.php

Lines from pump to hydroboost:
attachment.php

Hydroboost(it takes the place of the vacuum brake booster):
attachment.php

I can't explain how it works inside the cylinder, I've never torn it down. Atleast this gives ya a view of what to look for.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
looks like something to consider in the future, i also need to figure out what had discs in the rear that i can swap out. i got new tires because i had too they look ugly but whatever it works for now

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
well i found out my rims were 12 in wide, which sucked cause nothin fits well for a good price, i didnt have a ton of cash in myy pocket, they were 265/75/15, i wanted something taller and meatier, hell i wouldve even gone for another set of 33's or 31's if i couldve found them, but i was in desperate need of tires so i had to settle for these.

Last edited:

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Oh dang man, I would've mounted those 265's on some stock steelies and just put your wide wheels in storage for a while lol. I noticed it's getting harder and harder to find 33x12.5 in 15in size, last time I got mudders in 15's, it was the $109/pc Kelly 31.5x9's(900-15)

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i spent 150 mounted and balanced, and needed them desperately. the 33's with the wide rims came on the truck when i bought it, i never got the stock ones with it, im currently looking for a set of nicer rims and road tires then keep the 12' wagon wheel knockoffs around for the big mud tires

irishluder

Reaction score
anybody use the NBS master cylinder with the OBS hydroboost? I've heard that makes a huge upgrade in pedal feel but the MC is too big for the opening in the OBS booster?