Joined in 2011...just now posting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bunyan

Reaction score
Well folks, it's been a while and my engine is STILL at the machine shop! I dropped it off in October last year, and they told me it would be done by new year's. That hasn't happened... It's a globally known builder that just happens to be 45 minutes away, but boy are they taking their time. They say the heads are done, and the block is in progress. Who really knows. All I know is that I'm ready to start assembling the engine so I can get this truck back on the road. I have purchased some nice micrometers and a dial bore gauge to check clearances with, and after the Tahoe sold last month I put in a huge Summit order that has (hopefully) most of my needs for reassembly covered.

I've been inspired by Lawrence Tolman to do the 0411 swap once the engine is back in the truck, his YouTube videos are super timely! Glad to see someone decking out an OBS big block like I am. I now have my headers, 4" tailpipe from a Duramax truck, and some 3" collector adapters so I'll be able to make my exhaust once the engine is back in place. I will be TIG welding pre-bent tubing together and will run both 3" tubes from the headers into a 3-4" merge, and will run the quietest 4" muffler I can find, maybe 2 to keep it quiet. I'm hoping I can let it breathe without being loud. I've seen people add a second muffler, so I plan to leave some space for that in case it's too loud with a single muffler. At least that's the plan. The comp cams site claims my cam "likes headers" so hopefully it'll pick some power up.

Sooner or later I'll figure out how to post embedded photos here so I can start a build thread and treat you all to the madness that will be reassembly, we all like photos!

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well folks, it's been a while and my engine is STILL at the machine shop! I dropped it off in October last year, and they told me it would be done by new year's. That hasn't happened... It's a globally known builder that just happens to be 45 minutes away, but boy are they taking their time. They say the heads are done, and the block is in progress. Who really knows. All I know is that I'm ready to start assembling the engine so I can get this truck back on the road. I have purchased some nice micrometers and a dial bore gauge to check clearances with, and after the Tahoe sold last month I put in a huge Summit order that has (hopefully) most of my needs for reassembly covered.

I've been inspired by Lawrence Tolman to do the 0411 swap once the engine is back in the truck, his YouTube videos are super timely! Glad to see someone decking out an OBS big block like I am. I now have my headers, 4" tailpipe from a Duramax truck, and some 3" collector adapters so I'll be able to make my exhaust once the engine is back in place. I will be TIG welding pre-bent tubing together and will run both 3" tubes from the headers into a 3-4" merge, and will run the quietest 4" muffler I can find, maybe 2 to keep it quiet. I'm hoping I can let it breathe without being loud. I've seen people add a second muffler, so I plan to leave some space for that in case it's too loud with a single muffler. At least that's the plan. The comp cams site claims my cam "likes headers" so hopefully it'll pick some power up.

Sooner or later I'll figure out how to post embedded photos here so I can start a build thread and treat you all to the madness that will be reassembly, we all like photos!
Where in Ohio are you located ?