Jeep shaft installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have the same play in column. thought it was only me ... i can grab the shaft and move it up and down this is with stock shaft. jeep shaft is on my mod list so i can see if it heps all the play ive got and make my truck a little more enjoyable to drive

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
i ordered a 97 jeep shaft by accident last week. it came in today, less than 24 hrs after my rag joint took a **** on me.... it appears that it will work. can someone take a photo of the steering gear end of the jeep shaft that is known to work i'd like to see if the steering gear ends are the same as far as splines and whatnot? not that it matters alot since it doesn't take too long to take the steering shaft out now anyway.... i've done it about a dozen times the last few days.....

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so i was under hood today since heat hose poped out and was feeling steering shaft and all the play. decided to unbolt the steering shaft and extension from column. rag joint has play but mainly the extension itself. was tight but still wobbled. took it off and reconnected it all seems a lot less play. havent driven it but im sure it will be better. if the jeep shaft works stock i dont see why it wont work with bl since the stock shaft does. when i get my pay check im going to get one and install

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking. I've never had one of these columns apart. Has anyone else noticed any play in the end of the column where it comes through the firewall, when they've had the shaft from the box to the column off? Is there a bushing/bearing inside there, close to the firewall end of the column, that I should be checking? That's where the play that I was shown seemed to be coming from.

cant remember what style coloumn but one of has some like 4 bolts in it that come over loose over time and will cause some play. Tighten those up if you have play in the column...I just cant remember what style column doh

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
also people questioning about the body liftsthe shafts are 21 1/2 inches before the collapse down to 18 1/2 the size as the stock shaft should be no issues and like big blue said your stock shaft works why wouldnt these

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
cant remember what style coloumn but one of has some like 4 bolts in it that come over loose over time and will cause some play. Tighten those up if you have play in the column...I just cant remember what style column doh

this its the 94 older from what i read 95 up they redid the tilt mechonism is what your talking about. what he was sayin is like mine when i was taking out steering extension i could still move the joint at firewall. since i removed the extension and drove it more today seems a lot better. it used to shake around 35 but i was doin 50 rollin smooth kinda like driving it again haha but im stilll going to do the jeep shaft

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
So bluex, what's the word? Does this work on the 98's? Also if it did, where's a good (cheaper than H&H) yard around here to get one, and how much did it cost?