Jeep shaft installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
So what's the word? Does this work on the 98's? Also if it did, where's a good (cheaper than H&H) yard around here to get one, and how much did it cost?

As of now it does not work on 98's, but two guys bought them and are going to try to figure it out

danman6677

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive been through 2 jeep shafts already because they dont separate, heat and penetrating fluid wont budge, i got mad and used a 20lb sledge WILL NOT separate. Got my 2nd one and took it to a machine shop and they could not separate it either so this mod is BS.
UPDATE: Apologies for my anger rant, I did manage to separate the shaft, was not aware there are 2 plastic shims in there, have it installed and
feel better, thank you.

Last edited:

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I separated both of mine with a dead blow hammer an a small blue tank propane torch. Took maybe 15 mins for both. Yours might just have some stubborn rust inside???

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Let's get some pictures of your shafts. You will be the first person I've heard of that had trouble like that.

Edit: I actually pulled mine apart by hand with welding gloves on.:shrug:

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
They dont seperate they compress start heating at the bottom of the shaft and work your way towards the center it will melt the plastic stopper out

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

:evillol:

They dont seperate they compress start heating at the bottom of the shaft and work your way towards the center it will melt the plastic stopper out

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Actually they do separate, I took mine apart and cleaned it with a wire brush on a grinder wheel, then deburred it, and put it back together and greased it with never sieze.

Last edited: