JAYB1RD's Mediocre Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what nnbs trucks had that type of spare rim your running? my 07 had just regular steel wheel type spare. was that something from an ltz maybe?

JAYB1RD

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for all the great comments! Sorry I haven't replied, I just found and added a subscription to this thread so that won't happen any more.

The wheels are in fact spare rims from an NNBS, which years or trim levels I'm not sure. I picked them up as is from Churd69 at fullsizechevy. I get compliments and questions on them from truck fans all the time.

I'm very happy with the blow-thru. I didn't want to cut out the whole back wall due to strength concerns. Afterall, this truck does see air time every now and then. With the carpet over the subs the sound is muffled a bit, but it's more than loud enough to rattle anything that's loose from bumper to bumper. I had to add screws in a few places inside to keep the interior panels from dancing along with the music. LOL

The paint on the bumpers, hood, and cab corners has been redone, maybe about 6 years ago or more. The rest is factory original....with lots of buffing waxing and constant TLC.

To update the thread without pics (I know, I know) I picked up a new toy from 6chevy9 a couple weeks ago. It's an F250 HP Dana 44. Plans are going to be very similar to 88GMCtruck's SAS build with hopefully at least a few changes such as the use of 8-lug parts. Gloss black H2 wheels FTMFW! Next week I'm dropping the truck off for a new cat-back setup. New muffler just showed up yesterday. It's a fFowmaster Super 40, single 3" center in and single 3" offset out. I'll have the shop run the tail pipe over the axle and along the inside/pass. side of the trailer hitch. I like the look of big chrome pipes but that look no longer fits on this truck IMO. I'll see if I can get a walkaround vid posted after it's all done.

[/novel]

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nice man nice! yeah i was really digging those rims. if you want to sell them after you eight lug that thing let me know!

JAYB1RD

Reaction score
Some pics of my new exhaust, dog, and leaking trans. pan....
You must be registered for see images attach

Video, it's steam not smoke!

It sounds just right now IMO, sounds very similar to a flowmaster'd and h-pipe'd mustang. Loud enough to hear it while cruising in OD but not obnoxous...at least until it hits 3000rpm!

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you should take a vid of those sick LEDS flashing! lol. hope you got more pics from silver lake than i did!

JAYB1RD

Reaction score
Thanks Brett, I'll work on getting a vid some time this week maybe.

Ended up getting the truck towed home from the dunes yesterday on a borrowed trailer. After being silly with the throttle and climbing some long hills in 2WD I noticed the "check gauges" light was on and I had no oil pressure. I can only get ~15psi out of it above 1500rpm and it has developed a pretty good rod knock too. While strapping the truck to the trailer I noticed the it was pouring ATF out of the t-case/tail housing, most of the t-case is covered in oil soaked sand. Not sure what's going on there, but it's never been opened up in ~200k miles and is in need of a rebuild anyway I bet. Half way home the truck that was towing me (10" lift 7.3L on 38s/20s) blew the front seal on his trans. I ended up having to call my dad and he rescued me with his truck. Took me about 6 hours to make the 2 hour trip home. When I stared the truck to get it off the trailer it sounded like I had a lifter ticking too. I parked it next to the farm tractor and went to bed.

I don't have any time at all to work on the truck right now, but my initial plan is to junk/sell the motor and trans to replace them with a 6.0 and 4l80 along with a rebuild of my t-case. I'd hate to power the IFS with a 6.0 though, so I might just pull the whole truck apart and do the axle swap and rebuild whatever else I can as time allows. I need to buy a beater to get around in and take care of a bunch of family stuff first though.