Issue with 99 Tahoe driver’s side window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lowreese26

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just picked up a 99 Tahoe 4 door. And the power window motor will not work. I’ve checked the fuse, replaced the motor and replaced the switch panel, still nothing. It has these relays wired in to make them one touch up and down operation. This is where I’m looking next. Is their anywhere else I should look before pulling these relays? Cause I kinda like them. But I just want the window to work again. Thanks for any ideas.

Last edited:

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just picked up a 99 Tahoe 4 door. And the power window motor will not work. I’ve checked the fuse, replaced the motor and still nothing. It has these relays wired in to make them one touch up and down operation. This is where I’m looking next. Is their anywhere else I should look before pulling these relays? Cause I kinda like them. But I just want the window to work again. Thanks for any ideas.
Did you check voltage going to the motor? if that checks out, check voltage going to ground.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

bugdewde

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The switch frequently fails on these. Maybe pull switch panel and jumper it to see if it works?
I had to replace my switch on a road trip. Most parts stores stock them. That means they go bad a lot. Lol. Simple 5 minute fix.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

lowreese26

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I forgot to put that in my original post. That I did change the switch panel also. With a new AC Delco one.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Before replacing the motor, my suggestion would have been to run a wire from plus battery (a long wire) to hot on door switch and see if the motor turns... betcha the old one is good and you have a broken wire likely between battery positive and the hot side of the door switch. If you jumper that and it works then you have just tested both door switch and window motor. In the process saved some time and money as well. If as I suspect it is the wire then it is likely somewhere around the door hinge where it flexes going from the cab to the door. I assume both sides didn't work? The right side ties in (I think) to the left side so that both work off one fuse. If the fuse is good and you have power at the fuse the break is likely between the fuse and the door switch. Jumper between them and you likely will find that to be the problem.

Good luck and please report how it comes out.

Last edited:

lowreese26

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All the other windows work of off the drivers switch panel. Thank you for the suggestions on how to test. I’m a dummy on electrical. That’s why I just started throwing parts at it I will check it tomorrow and report back

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All the other windows work of off the drivers switch panel. Thank you for the suggestions on how to test. I’m a dummy on electrical. That’s why I just started throwing parts at it I will check it tomorrow and report back

Is it just the driver's window and the others all work? I now see why you went ahead with the motor. Still a jumper will eliminate the old wire as a suspect.

Last edited:

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Another test would be to reverse the left and right side wires and see if the problem moves to the other door or stays the same. If it stays the same its the wire.

lowreese26

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I have some news. It turned out to be the relays that are wired into the alarm. That’s kinda what I thought. I guess it’s called soft touch windows I guess from Viper. My stereo installer came real quick and helped me figure it out. He’s gonna come back another day and just take all that **** out. Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Really love this forum. Always get the help I need