Is there a gauge panel that replaces the factory radio spot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
@Wh4t3v3rs mine is 100% custom. It started as the metra single din radio mounting from my truck a cheapo switch panel from Amazon, Hella main switch, Moroso push button start switch, and 3 Carling SPST switches. I have about $100 total into it.
You must be registered for see images attach

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used one of the pocket kits to recess a couple gauges into. IMO it looks better than them sitting right up at the front.. recessed matches the gauge cluster better. Autometer's Z series gauges are pretty close too with the black face, white letters, red/orange needles.. and they have green bulb condoms you can install that are similar to the gauge cluster lighting. Pocket is the AMI GMP-333 with the lip at the bottom, still had room for the stereo remote to fit in there. :D

Richard

That's such a simple solution, I may do that for now at least.

I have this one:

I'd seen those, but spending $50 for something I could print for $5 never sits right.

LVJJJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
someotherguy, love your dash that's exactly what I want, where did you get that stuff? I'm terrible at finding things online. The last bit of technology I mastered was the rotary dial phone.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
someotherguy, love your dash that's exactly what I want, where did you get that stuff? I'm terrible at finding things online. The last bit of technology I mastered was the rotary dial phone.
Which part of the stuff?

The dash pocket kit is by a company called AMI (American International), it's their part # GMP-333, you can search GMP-333 or GMP333 on that auction website or amazon, it's less than $10

The gauges are by Autometer which are sold by many places but the big names are Summit Racing and Jeg's. Z Series are the black face, white letter, red/orange needle design shown. The size that allows for a pair of them to fit in that pocket are the 2-1/16" gauges.

There are a lot of choices so you'll want to go to one of those sites and probably start by searching under brand: Autometer, then gauges, and go from there. My gauges were vacuum/boost, and transmission temperature (electric sender); many options though depending on what you're looking to monitor.

Richard

Nordic Cowboy

Reaction score
I believe it was up to 1994 that the interior had the fat radio that most people replace with a storage bin. I've been thinking it'd be a good place for a gauge panel, should be able to fit 2 in there. Does anyone know of somewhere that makes that?

I found this on ebay

Wildblue19

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sweet, how much and when? :biggrin:
I'm waiting on a few design changes to be tested but a couple weeks should have it up. I'd expect it to be ~$50 in street and about 90 for the premium line. Check out the site for more info on our product lines. Thanks for the interest!!