IRS in a gmt400

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two tools I've always wanted, but never pulled the trigger. With your skill set, I'm looking forward to what you do with them.
I’ve wanted them for a while and decided to save up to get them. I knew it would be the difference in looking homemade and professional. As well as being able to stiffen thinner/lighter material.

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Slowly but surely I’m getting there. Got the frame painted with 1 coat etching primer, 2 coats filler, 2 coats gloss black. All rustoleum rattlecans, we will see how it holds up. Has a few drips but overall looks decent. Since I got the bead roller and dimple dies I have been remaking some things that I made a while back and wasn’t happy with. I’m working on a new battery tray today.

Attachments

• IMG_2017.jpeg
    IMG_2017.jpeg
    336.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2016.jpeg
    IMG_2016.jpeg
    390.9 KB · Views: 48

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally finished fall semester so I have plenty of time over the next month to work on the truck. I picked up a continental ABS unit and yaw sensor. I will see about installing a steering angle sensor as well to maintain DSC function. The unit will run standalone and is very programmable. I have bmw programming software as well as an m3 “tune” to start with. I was originally planning on not running abs but after some research I ended up with this unit which is far superior to any gm ABS unit.
You must be registered for see images attach

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Finally finished fall semester so I have plenty of time over the next month to work on the truck. I picked up a continental ABS unit and yaw sensor. I will see about installing a steering angle sensor as well to maintain DSC function. The unit will run standalone and is very programmable. I have bmw programming software as well as an m3 “tune” to start with. I was originally planning on not running abs but after some research I ended up with this unit which is far superior to any gm ABS unit.
You must be registered for see images attach

What's it from? I hate the factory ABS on these trucks. It's utterly worthless.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's it from?
Wikipedia says 2006-2011 3-series. My race team kept the ABS on our '95 BMW and it makes a significant difference in stopping capability. It's been very reliable, the brakes bleed without special tools, and the only problem we've had was a self-induced wiring issue.