IRS in a gmt400

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just finished my last final for spring semester yesterday. Have a month off before summer classes start so that gives me plenty off time to work on the truck. I got an early start this morning. Not an hour in and I ran out of mig wire! I was finishing up the front crossmember. I’m not about to try doing tig overhead on something structural so it’s gonna have to wait. I did get some other brackets welded for the steering rack and the front diff.

Attachments

• IMG_2625.jpeg
    IMG_2625.jpeg
    525 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2626.jpeg
    IMG_2626.jpeg
    313.3 KB · Views: 19

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not an hour in and I ran out of mig wire!
Buy two. Whenever you run out, you have a spare available, and then you replace the spent reel immediately. I learned this the hard way, and now I practice this with pretty much everything. PB Blaster, heat shrink butt connectors, grinder wheel packs, etc. The downside is that you have to find a way to remind yourself to buy the replacement and you also have more money tied up in spare material.

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Buy two. Whenever you run out, you have a spare available, and then you replace the spent reel immediately. I learned this the hard way, and now I practice this with pretty much everything. PB Blaster, heat shrink butt connectors, grinder wheel packs, etc. The downside is that you have to find a way to remind yourself to buy the replacement and you also have more money tied up in spare material.
I told myself a month ago to go ahead and order a spare and had gotten caught up in so much other stuff I completely forgot about it until I went to use it… I do at least keep a nice stockpile of cutoff wheels, grinding disk and so on.