Interior trim panels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HRV-LS1

95 GMC
Reaction score
LMC truck doesn't have the trim panels that go around the rear window and above the top center light. Seems to be one piece, I think. Its all missing in the truck.
Who else may have what I need? Anybody know?

chrismelton71

Reaction score
A pull it yourself junk yard is the best place to good, i got a lot of stuff that lmc didn't have from a junk yard for cheap.

HRV-LS1

95 GMC
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
The pieces I need go around the rear window. Here's a photo of what I mean. I believe that its a 3 piece set thats missing.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You'll need some serious luck as these pieces are almost always broken, mostly the top one. People tearing into them without knowing proper removal is how it happens. It's not exactly intuitive!

First you remove the lower piece from the window by popping it out at the bottom, then while you have the bottom hinged away a little bit, pop it up - it has a row of clips going down into the metal at the top, and forward into it at the bottom.

Then you remove the screws from the lower ends of the B pillars and then pop them away from the metal; they've got clips in them too. Of course you've already had to remove the seatbelt anchor bolts. You then hinge the B pillars inwards at the bottom; they have interlocking fingers that go into the piece at the top of the window - so you're moving the lower part of the B pillar plastic towards the middle of the cab, so you can very carefully slip the fingers out of the top piece.

Then the top piece only has a few screws retaining it - two inside the dome light (regular/crew cab) and a couple at either end; not all trucks have the screws at the ends.

Richard

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
You'll need some serious luck as these pieces are almost always broken, mostly the top one. People tearing into them without knowing proper removal is how it happens. It's not exactly intuitive!

First you remove the lower piece from the window by popping it out at the bottom, then while you have the bottom hinged away a little bit, pop it up - it has a row of clips going down into the metal at the top, and forward into it at the bottom.

Then you remove the screws from the lower ends of the B pillars and then pop them away from the metal; they've got clips in them too. Of course you've already had to remove the seatbelt anchor bolts. You then hinge the B pillars inwards at the bottom; they have interlocking fingers that go into the piece at the top of the window - so you're moving the lower part of the B pillar plastic towards the middle of the cab, so you can very carefully slip the fingers out of the top piece.

Then the top piece only has a few screws retaining it - two inside the dome light (regular/crew cab) and a couple at either end; not all trucks have the screws at the ends.

Richard
:word:

and even if they arent broken, alot of times they are fatigued and break when you are trying to remove them!

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
My truck was also missing all of these pieces as a W/T. I had some pieces but they were not the full trim that the normal level trucks had. I hunted all of mine down from junkyards. It can be a pain but it's about the only want to find them nowadays unless you can find a parts truck or someone parting out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

HRV-LS1

95 GMC
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Got the pieces I needed at a local salvage yard for $125. The top piece has a minute crack above the coat hanger. Will try some acrylic solvent cement for that. Otherwise it looks good. Also going to be using that special paint that lmc sells for panels. Its suppose to penetrate into the material. Anybody used that product? One other thing, is there a thread where people show their inside panels/ dashes after painting them? I'm sure there is one somewhere. My truck is a metallic green and the interior panels are a light grey or dark grey. Was wondering on other colors, maybe black?

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Got the pieces I needed at a local salvage yard for $125. The top piece has a minute crack above the coat hanger. Will try some acrylic solvent cement for that. Otherwise it looks good. Also going to be using that special paint that lmc sells for panels. Its suppose to penetrate into the material. Anybody used that product? One other thing, is there a thread where people show their inside panels/ dashes after painting them? I'm sure there is one somewhere. My truck is a metallic green and the interior panels are a light grey or dark grey. Was wondering on other colors, maybe black?

That's the best paint I've found for interior pieces. Much better than the Duplicolor stuff most autoparts stores sell IMO.

Price tag kinda sucks though......