Interior Door handle snapped!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alljackedup408

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
DOH!

Damnit bobby....

=( Looks like it's time for a trip to Autozone.. they have my color in stock lol.

You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Everywhere has your color in stock, since the metal part of the handle is the only part that breaks. You can transplant the metal part from the new base (of any color) to your old base, in a matter of seconds. :gr_grin:

Richard

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I usually just buy the new cassette from GM and bolt 'er in. Cost me 30 bucks last time I bought one.

Either way works.

:)

Alljackedup408

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
DIdnt know that!

Good idea!

Everywhere has your color in stock, since the metal part of the handle is the only part that breaks. You can transplant the metal part from the new base (of any color) to your old base, in a matter of seconds. :gr_grin:

Richard

Scrufdog

Pork chop sandwiches
Reaction score
I'll tell ya hhhwhat Dale, those handles sure do break a lot.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I'll tell ya hhhwhat Dale, those handles sure do break a lot.

Have new spare D/S inside & outer handles for both my trucks, 'cause ya just never know!
Dorman parts, in the blister packs. Inners = $23.00 (CDN.) tax in. For that, it ain't worth messing with just the handle replacement. These door innards are enough of a PITA as it is!

Last edited:

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Even if they are not terribly sloppy, new door pins/bushings will prevent this in the future. They sag ever so slightly making it harder to pull the release mechanism in the locks, in turn breaking the handles. BTW, a little lube on those latches never hurt either.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score

Richard

I'm cornfused........ the metal handle is not black on my truck, it's gray.

I bought a Dorman on Amazon for $12. I think I got free shipping since I was buying other stuff, too. After rolling my window down to open my door for about a month it was SO nice to that handle in!