intake gaskets what to do with fuel lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluedxj

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
im doing intake gaskets on my 92 its got the 5.7. theres the two metal fuel lines is there an easy way to get those out of the way? it looks like theres a bracket holding them on the rear of the engine but it looks like a pain to get to.

scoob8000

Reaction score
It's been awhile since I did the intake on my '88, but I seem to recall there being flex lines from the back of the block to the throttle body. If that's the case, you should be able to unhook them and tie them out of the way.

But on my 98' with the vortec, you almost have to unhook them from the back of the block since they're hard lines. Don't try to bend hard lines out of the way. Even if you don't kink them, you'll have a pita of a time making them line up again.

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The flex lines were specific to 88-89 model years I believe. You will have to unbolt that bracket I bet.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That bracket IS a pain to get to but makes the job alot easier when unbolted.... I however have never rebolted it on either of my 94's and have no issues...