Installing component speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paul Haring

Reaction score
I am looking to replace speakers in 97 k1500 Evan. Have factory door speakers with tweeters. Have never wired components before. Do I use factory wire to the crossover? Saw on video that something needs to be removed. Don’t want to ruin new speakers or headunit. Looking to use infinity reference 6530. Also is there a way to use Bluetooth with factory headunit? If not looking at Kenwood.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am looking to replace speakers in 97 k1500 Evan. Have factory door speakers with tweeters. Have never wired components before. Do I use factory wire to the crossover? Saw on video that something needs to be removed. Don’t want to ruin new speakers or headunit. Looking to use infinity reference 6530. Also is there a way to use Bluetooth with factory headunit? If not looking at Kenwood.
Those are the same speakers I got for mine, good choice. Only thing you have to remove is the old speaker. Factory wiring to the crossover in, new wire from crossover to new tweeter, and new wire to new mid speaker. The stock setup doesn't have a crossover, so the wire dead ends at the mid, with tweeter hooking directly to the mid as well IIRC. You'll have to get creative with mounting the tweeter, I think I used the 3 way tweeter mount that comes with it, but I cut one of the mounts off, and used some real short self tapping screws.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Paul Haring

Reaction score
So take wires from the mid to power crossover? Then make wires to mid and tweeter from crossover? What gauge speaker wire should I purchase?

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok. Thanks for the help. Any way to run Bluetooth to stock headunit? Looking a at Kenwood excelon headunit
They make a stock looking head unit with bluetooth, but not with the stock head unit.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So take wires from the mid to power crossover? Then make wires to mid and tweeter from crossover? What gauge speaker wire should I purchase?
I typically use 16 ga, it'll be more than fine considering you'll only need it for about 8". The stock wire that went to the old mid should go to the inlet on the crossover. Then you connect the new mid and tweeter to the crossover. The instructions tell you how to do it

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Paul Haring

Reaction score
I typically use 16 ga, it'll be more than fine considering you'll only need it for about 8". The stock wire that went to the old mid should go to the inlet on the crossover. Then you connect the new mid and tweeter to the crossover. The instructions tell you how to do it

Thanks