Inexpensive tool boxes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I love trade-ins. I snagged this on a trade-in back in 2005 from one of my coworkers (he traded for a new Snap-On). I then traded my old craftsman and 1-wide Matco cart for this for $500.

You must be registered for see images attach
Nice! My dad has that same exact box, and configuration in blue.

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
Nice! My dad has that same exact box, and configuration in blue.

I love this box. And let me tell you, (and OP, if you’re still listening...) MAC stands behind their product. I called up customer service asking about replacement drawer slides, and they transferred me to warranty, who then had me fill out a simple form, and sent me every single slide on those boxes. No questions asked.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
If you cant tell I'm a abig Milwaukee fan.

After comparing the Husky Industrial Series (heavy duty) and the Milwaukee boxes side by side and the pricing (Milwaukee about 40% more expensive). Honestly the build quality felt "about" the same. And the Milwaukee will get filthy with that red in no time.

I am VERY glad I went with the Husky. This is the 56" 23 drawer. And for another $100 I got all the "add-ons" trinkets the red box had but was an extra $500 or so.

Only have about $1300 into this setup with the taxes and delivery and extras.

Sold two other smaller craftsman boxes I had for the last decade and had some gift cards for Christmas as well so did not have to lay out too much $$ net so to speak which was a big help.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went with the Husky as well, no complaints with it. The price has gone up, but it was on sale for $498 recently.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
I went with the Husky as well, no complaints with it. The price has gone up, but it was on sale for $498 recently.

Honestly I bet this is a great value.

I only went with the heavy duty series for the drawer depth (22" !) And the 120lb slides.