Im thinking I have a bad bearing.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well yesterday I had to drive to Galveston and while there I heard a niose in the rear I first thought it was some lawn tools I had in the bed so I placed them in the cab and the niose was still there so I had to still drive back to Clear Lake it was hurting me bad I got to a stop light and I turned down my radio and A/C and it sounds like a bad bearing I just hope it can be repaired im hoping it's not my Auburn locker.

Just saturday I was talking to my and telling him dad for my truck having 184K she still uses no oil and runs when I bought it brand new spoke to soon. :uhoh2:

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
Check your front brake shields. I thought the same thing. Sounded like it was squealin from the back. Just happened to be workin on front brakes when I noticed the scratch marks on the shields. Removed them, no more noise.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys since I have a bad back my buddy is going to work on it next week so now im having the shakes I need my baby. If it's the outter bearing should I just replace both sides? Go thing is I was going to drive to San Antonio from here Houston better it happened here.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking as well I know that the inner bearings were replaced when the posi unit was put on. I hope I didn't ruin the whole rearend or that it can be repaired because I drove it 60 miles or so like that? I do know they have a repair kit I think it off-sets the bearing I think it's like that I did find a used rearend for $125.00 but I don't want to replace mine or have to change out my posi unit again.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good news it was the carrier bearing it fooled me good she is back on the road now.