I'm out of ideas, guys. (Truck runs like crap no matter what I do).

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
OK cool, an just to clarify no one works on my truck/vehicles but me except for a few things for which I don't have the proper tools, like alignments, mounting and balancing tires and some exhaust work (bending tubing and welding). Oh an painting if I want it to look decent :rofl:

But when I'm stumped/aggravated I'm not above letting someone else have a crack at it. That was my point. Sometimes your just too close to the problem to see it. Plus you confuse me talking about how bad it runs in this thread but then how awesome it is other places on the board. :shrug: good luck with your issue(s)

Haha yeah I can relate. And I have had other people look at it. Every single one, including my best friend's dad (lifetime mechanic), my teacher (lifetime mechanic) and my dad (he's been everywhere and done everything from muscle cars to trucks to German cars), and everyone has sat there and scratched their heads. And It USED to run awesome :lol: occasionally it won't feel like acting up and run great. Just a few minutes ago, I left a buddies house and it ran great out of his driveway, down a major road about 1/4 mile, then as soon as I turned onto another road to head home, it started bogging down on me again.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Intermittent issues can be the hardest thing to find/fix. Look at all the trouble C1 had with his 92 and the idle issues....

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Intermittent issues can be the hardest thing to find/fix. Look at all the trouble C1 had with his 92 and the idle issues....

That's why I was paying special attention to what he suggested. I still need to check the gap on the plugs (peace of mind), and I just (like 10 minutes ago) took the grounds off the Thermostat housing, one of them snapped off with no pressure and the other terminal basically crumbled apart in my hand. Threw some crappy loose ring terminals until I can find some better-fitting and more HD ones tomorrow.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
i think you should just stop...start at your beginning...youcould have multiple problems at this point...you did a tune up and a couple month later ..it ran like s__t...takr out the plugs and check them...see if they are the right ones and burning correctly...if not replace or clean them...take the cap back off and check all the bolts on the ignition module you replaced...also grab the rotor and make sure it doesnot have much play in it...look inside the cap for crap ...while the plugs are out, check #1 compression stoke and referance the #1 plug position...make sure to install your wires in the right firing order....you also said you put a pump in...did you replace the 20 year old rubber line connected to the fuel tank and are you sure you didn't bend the return line by accident....i alway try to start ayt he beginning when everything seem to get out of hand...it usaully some thing stupid....

I've been screaming plugs since page 1...

Tricky's_Limitedhoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can take it to a shop or dealer just to pinpoint your problem and do the job yourself. It has happened where some new parts have been defective.

Over a week later and still haven't taken to dealer, you don't want to know what's wrong, but rather keep guessing wasting time and money.

Sent from a Phone Booth using Tapatalk

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
I've been screaming plugs since page 1...

It's not that I'm not listening, I just haven't had time, man. I've been fixing small things here and there, but all last week I was going to school and working 6/7 nights. I'm off tomorrow, gonna do some serious digging. Tested the O2 bad tonight, only putting out .009v when warmed up, but I could have been grounded improperly so I'm going to double-check tomorrow, as well as the plugs. Might even fiddle with the base timing a bit.