I'm out of ideas, guys. (Truck runs like crap no matter what I do).

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
i think hes talking about a torque converter clutch solenoid

Bingo. My guess is it's old and sticking. It's only a few dollars and I'll be replacing the fluid, filter, and stopping the leak while I'm at it. My trans has a weird habit of VERY slowly backing the pan bolts out and leaking.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Bingo. My guess is it's old and sticking. It's only a few dollars and I'll be replacing the fluid, filter, and stopping the leak while I'm at it. My trans has a weird habit of VERY slowly backing the pan bolts out and leaking.

manual or auto? I don't remember and am too lazy to go look :lol:

KReePiN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i had that problem on another truck i used to own.....i just used blue loctite and it never happened again

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
It's running great. Been driving it all day. Still had TC lock/unlock glitches, but the new solenoid will be in tomorrow morning. Cleaning the TB and resetting the fuel pressure did wonders.

You know your brake switch can cause your torque converter not to lock up.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
You know your brake switch can cause your torque converter not to lock up.

The problem is it not UNlocking at the right time. The brake switch works fine, tapping the pedal while its locked up makes it unlock. It's just when I punch it that it sticks. When I hit the gas when it's NOT locked up, it downshifts perfectly. But during lockup it seems like its sticking instead of unlocking right away.