IHC vs DJM 4/6" Full Lowering kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update...So after 10 days of not hearing anything from IHC, I call them for an order update. I was advised the the kit I ordered was two weeks out! I reminded the sales rep that they advised me the kit was in stock (I specifically asked) and would ship in 3 to 5 business days. Then the BS lines began... production meetings etc...

I kinda expected this from a smaller outfit and the fact that I'm sure the main production is set up for newer trucks. So I'm gonna try to be patient. I'm hopeful that I will be pleased once it arrives.
You're a better person than me, I would have gotten my money back and moved on. I only need to be lied to once...

Last edited:

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Call truck technics in Fort Worth Tex. They usually have them in stock. Cancel the order with ihc. And re order through truck technics. Just a thought.

Erik E

Reaction score
Update, I received the parts 14 days after ordering them. Everything looked great and all the parts were there and packaged nicely. The install was straight forward and instructions are very through. The quantity of the parts is outstanding. C-Notch going in tomorrow. I haven't got the truck back on the road yet because the parts are just coming back from paint. I will follow up on stance and ride quantity once completed and on the road.

Attachments

• Resized_20220802_204800.jpg
    Resized_20220802_204800.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 90
  • 20220803_152623.jpg
    20220803_152623.jpg
    297.3 KB · Views: 90
  • Resized_20220802_204826.jpg
    Resized_20220802_204826.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 91

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That frame looks good!!!! Lots of work done there. I hope the kit meets or exceeds your expectations. Once I saw this thread and checked them out it has me definitely interested. Keep us posted.

shownshine55

Reaction score
Update, I received the parts 14 days after ordering them. Everything looked great and all the parts were there and packaged nicely. The install was straight forward and instructions are very through. The quantity of the parts is outstanding. C-Notch going in tomorrow. I haven't got the truck back on the road yet because the parts are just coming back from paint. I will follow up on stance and ride quantity once completed and on the road.
I myself have the IHC front a arms. The issue I am having is getting my Belltech 2"drop springs in correctly. I used a compressor and possibly needed to compress the spring more but I could not get the pigtail of the spring into the stop (not sure what the tech name is) of the lower a arm. How the heck did you do it? Thanks, Jim

Lowstature

Reaction score
I love bell tech products. The DJM were very difficult to get in, and I realized some of the angles of where bolts went in were just a little different than stock. I had to loosen everything to get them in (didn’t like that). Once in I realized how they advertise 2” but were 2.5-2.75. They were also a color I didn’t really care for (nothing else on my truck was this color)

I was looking to even the height and advertised numbers are more of an approximate…. DJM didn’t end up staying on my ride…

With bell tech everything went in smoothly and measurements were exact. alignment was easy and the parts matched the rest of my suspension.

I know u didn’t mention beltech but that’s where I’ve gone and amazing results every time.

Babyblue21

Reaction score
Hey any update on your truck, hows the ride quality. I'm looking to get IHC 3/5 drop kit on my 1996 obs

Erik E

Reaction score
Haven't gotten it back on the road yet. Getting close though. Turned into a full frame off resto. I'm happy with the quality of the product as far as fit and finish. I'll post once it's done.