IHC vs DJM 4/6" Full Lowering kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik E

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! Anyone have input on whwwl fitment using IHC suspension?

Donald Mitchell

1990 C1500 5.7L
Reaction score
They both look very similar. I like the 3/4" tuck on IHC. Positive side of control arms is you can use 15" wheels! One thing to look for is the phrase "Available on backorder. "

Erik E

Reaction score
I like the track width as well. And looking at the instructions of both set ups, IHC is very in depth. I've spoken to both companies and IHC seems to know more about their products. Both are running 4th of July sales so it's go time!! Thanks for your input. I'll post what I go with and follow ups...

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The issue I had with the IHC arms was the cross bar going from one side of the arm to the other, it wasn’t allowing the spring to sit in the pocket correctly during install. I believe the newer arms that issue is resolved. It now has a slight bend in it to correct the issue. Either way both will be good.

Erik E

Reaction score
After reading the instructions again I saw where they specify that you need to trim a tab to prevent the interference you're referring to. Seems to make sense.. That's life in the custom world right! So I pulled the trigger on the IHC kit last night! They are a bit more popular with the newer truck crowd. But after a few conversations with them on the phone, I decided to try them out. I'll update this thread after the install.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good deal! It’s goin to be awesome. Thank you for supporting the Texas economy

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After reading the instructions again I saw where they specify that you need to trim a tab to prevent the interference you're referring to. Seems to make sense.. That's life in the custom world right! So I pulled the trigger on the IHC kit last night! They are a bit more popular with the newer truck crowd. But after a few conversations with them on the phone, I decided to try them out. I'll update this thread after the install.
Did you get your parts yet?

Erik E

Reaction score
Update...So after 10 days of not hearing anything from IHC, I call them for an order update. I was advised the the kit I ordered was two weeks out! I reminded the sales rep that they advised me the kit was in stock (I specifically asked) and would ship in 3 to 5 business days. Then the BS lines began... production meetings etc...

I kinda expected this from a smaller outfit and the fact that I'm sure the main production is set up for newer trucks. So I'm gonna try to be patient. I'm hopeful that I will be pleased once it arrives.