Ignition and starting help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I need a bit of a hand. Drove my 98k1500 to work, no problem, went to start it at end of day and no response, no bells, no dash lights, headlights or radio. Interior light is dim. Randomly I tried to jump it but no dice. Batteries and starter are less than 6 months old. After messing around with the key I got power back, started and after 50 feet died again. Seems as I am getting a draw somehow when the key is turned to accessory and to on. I do get some power with accessory, ( park indicator and interior light) if I cycle it a bit I can get power but once I try to start I lose it and it goes unresponsive. Lights came on randomly while being towed. It seems like a loose and grounding wire. Any one concur?

Tavi

Vehicle enthusiasts
Reaction score
Very much sounds like a loose connection. Check all grounds and battery terminals for corrosion.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to replace ignition switch look at the video I’m saying thus because you said you had to move the key around that’s why I’m thinking it’s going out.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media