Ideas to deal with holes in bumper from removal of impact strip?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joe913

Reaction score
The impact strip on the front bumper of my 98 was in bad shape so I removed it. Since the bumper itself has no damage I don't want to buy a new/used bumper and I don't really want to replace the impact strip either since it has been removed from the entire truck. I've been trying to come up with a clever way to deal with the holes in the bumper that won't involve anything destructive. Any ideas? Thanks!

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On my Silverado has shiny strip in the rubber. Wife backed up at work caught edge broke two fastener s out. I thougt about an ss or just plain black replacement. Square holes.....hmm. Some stove bolts or extra bumper bolts just fill holes? It's been rolling around in my thoughts. Good luck.

mountie

I sold my '88 C2500 to a happy guy in Germany
Reaction score
ACE Hardware..... They have quite a selection of little caps that will fit. All sorts of finishes. Chrome & white, etc. (( As you walk by your truck, you hardly notice them, which is better that a dark hole.

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
Also heard of guys using that universal self-adhesive impact strip in the past that looked pretty good. Auto parts stores used to have it in chrome, black, etc. Thought there were pictures floating around on here from some time ago, but I'd have to dig deeper in the search.