I think I found a keeper. K2500 RCLB (Pigpen)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I don't mind yellow and silver two tone. Maybe?

Too much effort lol. I don't care that much about this truck, it'll never be a show truck. As long as it looks ok sitting in the driveway or going down the road, I'm happy. I already have the nicest GMT400 on my block, and there's about 17 of them lmao.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
So I went out today to track down the source of my steering slop, stepped in a hole, twisted my ankle. Crawled back inside, iced, elevated, took motrin...

But I did call a guy about a set of 3/4 ton axles, front is a pre-77 Dana 44 with flat top knuckles. He said he has another guy coming Sunday, so we'll see how it goes.

I also got my Copper/nickel line for the front and my fittings and clamps.

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
Sucks about the ankle. Let us know how the brake lines go. I want to see if you have as much fun as I did lol.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
Sucks about the ankle. Let us know how the brake lines go. I want to see if you have as much fun as I did lol.

I'm really hoping the axle deal falls through lol, I'll be running the front lines this weekend. The rear I'm going to wait until next weekend for

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
The rear lines from the center to the wheels cylinders was the easiest part for me. The long line from the pumpkin to the prop valve took me a couple times to trim and flare it correctly.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
The rear lines from the center to the wheels cylinders was the easiest part for me. The long line from the pumpkin to the prop valve took me a couple times to trim and flare it correctly.

That explains why they include it in the rear disc kit I'm buying if I don't get the 3/4 ton solid axles lol.

I'm hoping to have enough line left over that my brother can do his truck too. I have to buy a flare tool yet, and wait on this fool with the axles.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I had looked online for pre-formed lines, and they sell them, but whole kits are over $250, so I decided to pass on that, since I can make them myself. The front lines were all good for my project, so all I would need is the front to rear, then the two across the axle. I decided i'm just going to make the front to rear line myself, but I did buy the two lines on the axle already pre-formed with the OEM style wrap on them, shipped for $35. I hadn't gotten to installing them on my project yet, but today during the work on my newer truck, one of the rear lines started leaking, and since I had them sitting right there, I opted to just throw them on, they turned out great. Now I have to buy another set lol