I think I found a keeper. K2500 RCLB (Pigpen)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Yeh, it's good for the spirit. The teardown is always fun.

It's good for his life, he loves to hack some crap together. He has about 94 hose clamps on his fuel line right now, he's spent more on hose clamps than he would just redoing the lines lol.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
The whole SAS thing may not happen at all, I feel like I've narrowed the source of my ridiculous steering play down to my steering box. I was coming back with a socket and breaker bar to check the bolts when I twisted my ankle.

But it would explain why everything under there looks new, yet I have slop. NOTHING else under there shows any obvious play when jerking the wheel back and forth.

And, an SAS, I'd still need a new steering box lol.

So more investigation is needed, probably Friday or Saturday. I suspect my ankle will feel worse tomorrow.

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
Is the rag joint good or could it be causing your issue. Only reason I ask is because JustinS had that turd truck with 347,000 miles on it and the slop was coming from the pitman arm, not the box itself. He's doing away with the rag joint as well.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
Is the rag joint good or could it be causing your issue. Only reason I ask is because JustinS had that turd truck with 347,000 miles on it and the slop was coming from the pitman arm, not the box itself. He's doing away with the rag joint as well.

Visually it seems to be, I mean, my GF saws the wheel, everything moves appropriately up until the box, then it doesn't come out as smoothly lol.

It's hard to say though, everything under there has been replaced, but when, I have no idea.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
I spent my weekend putting K3500 front brakes on and deleting the ABS. I took it for a brief ride down a nearby straight, usually empty road.

Ran it up to 65 or so, no shimmy's or shakes or wobbles. Just that stupid play in the wheel, I have no idea why.

Next up is getting the rear brakes squared away. I'm considering just buying weld on brackets to save me some money, I should be able to disc swap the rear by just using newer part's, since they do make GMT800's with 14b SF rears and disc.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
I tried out some dark gray on the bottom, kinda like it, I think I might do the flares the same,

You must be registered for see images attach