I find myself fighting the urge....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
... more and more to attempt grafting a topkick/kodiak dash into my 98:

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

Yeah, it's really a van body, yeah it's from a newer generation but the sheer available real estate available on the dash is sooooo tempting.

A little racket fabricating, a little plastic shaving and it might slide in.

Compounding my conundrum is the fact it looks like a Duramax cluster would fit right in no problems (for a future LB7 swap).

That the headlight switch, HVAC head and steering column look just like GMT400 pieces just makes the temptation even worse.

Vans are usually ******* half breeds and that looks to have many, many GMT400 common elements.

Somebody talk me out of it, quick!

:rofl:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Pic #1. NO!!! I had a truck with a white dash. Sooo wrong! I couldn't own a white steering wheel. I've got better stuff to do than clean that every time I get out.
Pic #2. YES! C/F is sexayyyy!
Pic #3. Not really. Wrong type of wood, IMHO. A little darker & a bit more exotic would be more better. Like the wheel, though.
Pic #4. Maybe for a work truck. Kinda plain/pedestrian.
Pic #5. That'd only be appropriate one day of the year. Steering wheel's kinda cool. Think that the orange in it is just the orange saturating the pic pixels.

You're right about the size of it. Very 'Command Center' feel! Be cool to see done.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Pic #1. NO!!! I had a truck with a white dash. Sooo wrong! I couldn't own a white steering wheel. I've got better stuff to do than clean that every time I get out.
Pic #2. YES! C/F is sexayyyy!
Pic #3. Not really. Wrong type of wood, IMHO. A little darker & a bit more exotic would be more better. Like the wheel, though.
Pic #4. Maybe for a work truck. Kinda plain/pedestrian.
Pic #5. That'd only be appropriate one day of the year. Steering wheel's kinda cool. Think that the orange in it is just the orange saturating the pic pixels.

You're right about the size of it. Very 'Command Center' feel! Be cool to see done.

My dash would likely just be an oem gray. Those pics are just some I grabbed off the first page of google image search.

But you're right about the command center thing. It's what attracts me to the dash. I like having things in easy reach while driving.

Problem would be finding one, not to mention financing one.

And then, after all that, hacking it up.......:shock:

But it would solve a lot of my switch and gauge location issues. Then there's the Duramax swap and the double din opening already in the dash.

Must resist, wife will kill me.......

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
My dash would likely just be an oem gray. Those pics are just some I grabbed off the first page of google image search.

But you're right about the command center thing. It's what attracts me to the dash. I like having things in easy reach while driving.

Problem would be finding one, not to mention financing one.

And then, after all that, hacking it up.......:shock:

But it would solve a lot of my switch and gauge location issues. Then there's the Duramax swap and the double din opening already in the dash.

Must resist, wife will kill me.......

At least you would have one last bit of fun before being taken out!

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Looks interesting, but at what point do you say to yourself enough is enough.... :smile: