I call this one Gold Digger.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roadrunner

Reaction score
Hopefully this is going to be the last gmt400 I get going for a while until I find a crew cab and i think that brings the count to 5 trucks being built currently. I call this one Gold Digger because it's on it 3rd build to date and I've sunk lots of money into it more than a few times. When I first got it had a blown engine and was worse for the wear.

I ended up getting the engine rebuilt and the day I went to pick it up the trans was right behind it. Back to the shop it went and the 4l60e was freshened up and I went about my way for a few weeks. After driving it around a bit I noticed the front end was worn out and had a clunk that drove me crazy. So I did the front end, new tires and an alignment. At this point I was into this truck for about 6k.

I ended up driving this truck for 2 years mostly trouble free mechanically but 2 accidents later and a few years of pulling parts off this is what's left of her. I had just about written it off and was about to finish stripping it out after taking the engine out to use the short block on another project.

Here it sits awaiting the rest of the parts to build it up yet again. I've collected most of what I need to get it going again. At this point I'm just waiting for time to finish stripping the new parts truck so I can grab the straight frame it has and start swapping the body.

Once i have it under a straight frame and the body swapped the engine will be rebuilt again. After that I will be back into the trans to make some much needed upgrades. Finally I will probably try and do a paint job to make it all look good again. It will probably be a few weeks before I get going on this one but once I do it should move fairly quickly.

You must be registered for see images attach