I’m struggling… do I sell or keep?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schrodinger1

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I have a 2000 K3500 with a ton of good parts. It had a engine issue but still has a new trans locking rear diff and whatever else you can imagine for a parts truck.

Bought this with 85k miles and LOVE IT…. Do I keep it as a part truck or sell the white truck. Same year 2000

Attachments

• 06DB7D04-B214-4AA3-9D48-83F16192202B.jpeg
    06DB7D04-B214-4AA3-9D48-83F16192202B.jpeg
    237 KB · Views: 16

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. 2 weeks after it's gone, you will need a thingamajig or whatsitcalled, that's a guarantee! And it will be a part you will have trouble sourcing. If no one is bugging you to get rid of it, no harm in keeping it around.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. 2 weeks after it's gone, you will need a thingamajig or whatsitcalled, that's a guarantee! And it will be a part you will have trouble sourcing. If no one is bugging you to get rid of it, no harm in keeping it around.
Deep down, I am the guy who gets thing done. I am ready to go, at a moments notice. While I can plan, and do plan when I need to, I don't need to sit down and write a book about how to do what I need to do. So a few years ago, we were talking about sailing our house. I went into my small shop, and looked around, then started throwing things away that I didn't want to move. Well after looking at a few places, we decided to just stay where we are. I do have a nice house in a good area of town. I can't tell you, how many times since then, I could have used what I threw away. Here is a pic of my house. I do want a much better shop though. You can see the little building on the back yard.

Last edited:

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is there still a rule where you have to have so many posts to list in the classifieds, so people do this to sell stuff instead?

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is there still a rule where you have to have so many posts to list in the classifieds, so people do this to sell stuff instead?
Yes. 100 post, and 6 months of membership. It's in the rules. First forum, first section. "The rules"