HVAC Controller HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96LS6.0

Reaction score
I have a 91 C1500. The HVAC controller blinks all the arrows on left side for the position on the air (head to feet). I can still switch the positions and hot to cold and the work but my fan will not come on. IT just started doing this in the past few months. At 1st nothing really changed, everything still worked while it was flashing. This cold morning when I needed my heater on full blast, the fan would not come on while it was blinking. Any info would be a big help. Thanks in advance.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Replace it. The board has bad contacts on it, there are companies that rebuild these.

highwaystar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't know why your fan quit working but the blinking is from a failed "blend actuator'. The one above & to the right of the gas pedal. This actuator controls the defrost, dash vents & floor blowing. Mine did the blinking too but the fan still worked.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Don't know why your fan quit working but the blinking is from a failed "blend actuator'. The one above & to the right of the gas pedal. This actuator controls the defrost, dash vents & floor blowing. Mine did the blinking too but the fan still worked.
That, and the blower motor issue is likely separate, probably bad connection at the motor. Common.

Richard