HP Tuners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grey wolf

Reaction score
How many of you guys are using this software? I'm contemplating buying it, but it's not cheap... Is it worth it? Or maybe there's something better and/or cheaper out there. Also, do any of you know if you can use it to disable fault codes? Thanks.

cngodfather

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am not familiar with it. I am converting my system to use the megasquirt fuel injection sometime in the future. I don't think it will help with your fault codes though.

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
How many of you guys are using this software? I'm contemplating buying it, but it's not cheap... Is it worth it? Or maybe there's something better and/or cheaper out there. Also, do any of you know if you can use it to disable fault codes? Thanks.
What year is your truck?

Mark Gilbert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you don't have a 96 and later it will pose no value to you. If you have a 96-97 it is still very little value because it will not allow you to modify any parameters. It does have some capabilities for the 98 and later models with the black box PCM, but unless you are looking to do the 0411 swap I would say it isn't worth it.

I agree that Gearhead-efi will have more options for you, in fact they are still working on a method of tuning the later model PCM's with a much lower cost point.

grey wolf

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. My truck is a '98, so maybe it's not so great for my needs. I will check out that gearhead EFI site though.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
"411" PCM swap and you can tune it all you want.
I have been using EFI Live for 15 years now. Started helping buddys that have HP tuners and now some with Holley ECU's.
HP tuners isnt all that difficult to navigate but i do like the layout of EFI alot better.

Ive tuned a couple '98s and they are quite limited on the tables.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hp tuners is useless on black box.
But its all I use but everything I own is ls swapped.so its excellent with the later pcm's not really a whole lot you can't change

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hp tuners is useless on black box.
But its all I use but everything I own is ls swapped.so its excellent with the later pcm's not really a whole lot you can't change

Not quite useless for the 98-2000, but definitely not like the 0411. I tuned a 2000 454 truck with the black box, it isn't great but you can do enough to make a difference.