Howdy from North TX | ’98 K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dvnlhnt

Reaction score
I've come to ask questions without utilizing the search bar and argue on your public forums. Just kidding, but I am here to make off with some OBS knowledge.

I'm the owner of a single cab ’98 K1500. I was given the pickup when I received my license in high school due to a family acquisition. It has been my daily driver ever since when I'm not on my motorcycle.

You must be registered for see images attach

The truck was a little rough around the edges when I received it and I was honestly not to keen on the style. It's been about 9 years now and I've had it for around 40k miles now at the time of this post. She has just under 190k total miles. As my daily I haven't done much to it other than general maintenance or repair. Although, I did get a really good deal on some chrome Denali wheels. It was in a rear end accident travelling back and forth from central Texas in college.

It survived the wreck and got new front body and steering work after that. My father is a master mechanic who taught me everything I know. When servicing and maintaining the pickup he has made sure I knew what to do and when.

I didn't understand the value of the truck at the time when I got it. A couple ex-girlfriends, several moves, and a few x-country trips later it's become a staple of my lifestyle. The utility, ease of maintenance, and value of such a vehicle is unmatched imo. I won't be buying another vehicle unless it's a pickup and I certainly won't be parting with my first! I have some fantastical build ideas for the future.

Last edited: