How to: Install DIC in gmt400 overhead console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the instant economy would be effected by the # of cylinders

thanks to paul (1997chevydriver)i will try to wire mine up tomorrow and find out i guess

Also I'm not so sure that there are any "calibrations" in the DIC unit. Mileage, Range, Ave milage Gals used are all relayed from the computer on the truck.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
You have to amke sure your connections are good. when it goes to -- wait a little while longer and it might show up then.. I had to with mine anyways

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also I'm not so sure that there are any "calibrations" in the DIC unit. Mileage, Range, Ave milage Gals used are all relayed from the computer on the truck.

That's what I was thinking to. Its just a display I figured. If you guys are showing around 15 mpg on there it should be right. I can't wait to get mine hooked up, but its gonna be after I get this car finished :(

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
yes the data wire was connected to the aldl connector and the dark green is hooked to the dk green/white tracer vss wire on the radio.

i am going to get some solder today and see if its just bad connections

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking thru the OP I realized I had missed what wires did what on the DIC so I added wiring pinout pictures to the end of the OP to include radio plugins, OBD II connector, and DIC connector.

Also Ken, When I didn't have my class 2 serial data wire hooked up I ended up seeing --

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, Hope you get it figured out! And with the pics I posted it might be a little easyer

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
Ok, Hope you get it figured out! And with the pics I posted it might be a little easyer

the wire colors for this unit are a little different, #15 is purple instead of yellow, #12 is brown instead of purple/white,#7 is yellow instead of dk green, it must have come from a bravada since that is what i have seen on the net to have these color wires in those locations
You must be registered for see images attach

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are the functions of the wires the same though? or are they different than what I had posted?