How to: Install DIC in gmt400 overhead console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah the only problem with it is my average mpg seems to be stuck around 13.

The highest mine has been was 15 and thats after I cleared it after I was up to speed. I think the acceleration numbers throw it off alot

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
well I put mine in my console today, maybe one day soon I can get it wired up. I did find this 25' length of 9 cables for $24 though. I'm thinking of using it to do the wiring.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_24134_EFX-FS9W-25FT-by-Scosche.html

really all you need is a real short cable and one about 5' to go to the obd connector, then 2 longer ones to go to switched power and VSS behind the radio

also if you dont have a plug end for the connector I used a connector cable out of a PC, the one that connects all the case buttons and lights to the motherboars header.. if you've got an old pc or case then youve got the cable connectors

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
i totally want to do this to my 98 now, i wonder how it would work with a diesel , i would guess since the economy and range in those are calibrated for a v6 that they would be a little off, i wonder where i can find one of those displays around here, not much for junkyards anymore

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How does one clear/reset the dic? I tried a little bit yesterday with no luck
Go to a screen other than temp/compass and hold both buttons down till it resets
i totally want to do this to my 98 now, i wonder how it would work with a diesel , i would guess since the economy and range in those are calibrated for a v6 that they would be a little off, i wonder where i can find one of those displays around here, not much for junkyards anymore

If ya cant find one let me know I have 2 for sale

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
really all you need is a real short cable and one about 5' to go to the obd connector, then 2 longer ones to go to switched power and VSS behind the radio

also if you dont have a plug end for the connector I used a connector cable out of a PC, the one that connects all the case buttons and lights to the motherboars header.. if you've got an old pc or case then youve got the cable connectors

When I got mine I got the connector and the harness all the way down the a pillar as far as I could reach. I couldnt get it out from behind the dash so I pulled it out as far as I could before cut it. I probably have plenty of wire but since its got to be spliced I was thinking of doing them staggered across the roof so they are not all in one big bunch.