How to: Install DIC in gmt400 overhead console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BadBowtie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did any of you just find the Display? I have a 98 Sierra will the Display go right into my console?

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SO, i gave up last night. and I pulled my truck out of the shop, locked up and when I can back out there was no -- only the proper data... I took it for a drive and seems pretty good. No idea what It was, I used pin 15 on the radio for VSS and hooked up the dimmer to pin#4 (grey) the dimmer dosent work but I have non dimmable LED's anyways. I've got everything but the temp working now.. not sure If i wanna move anything to try and hook it up though, i'll probably just leave it.

Thanks alot 97chevy and bluex.

Well whatever you did it woks so I wouldn't touch it:lol: atleast for a few days

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The ones with range, economy, etc have the US/Metric, and mode buttons, the ones with only compass/temp don't

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
well its been working good for the past few weeks. I dont have the compass hooked up but the rest works. I never did hook up any of the light/dimming wires. but theres no reason this shouldnt work on any other OBD2 vehicle, i'm considering putting one in my ford contour.. the short console from the blazers are almost a prefect fit.