How to: Install DIC in gmt400 overhead console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got it all wired up, had to swap out the first one as it was DOA, everything lights up. When i turn the car on it reads what ever comes up, temp or fuel, then shortly goes to - - on all modes. The compass always reads NE, i double checked my wires, everything seems ok, could i just have another bad unit. The inly other thing i could think of that could be sus is the way im getting class 2, i have a paper clip jumpering green and purple and have green wired to the class 2 feed to the unit( green was the stock radio input)

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got it working, of the three units i pulled from the junk yard, the last one i try is the only working one.

And the air temp is registering with the sensor inside the hvac ductwork for supply air temp

Daddie2k3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally got it all wired up, had to swap out the first one as it was DOA, everything lights up. When i turn the car on it reads what ever comes up, temp or fuel, then shortly goes to - - on all modes. The compass always reads NE, i double checked my wires, everything seems ok, could i just have another bad unit. The inly other thing i could think of that could be sus is the way im getting class 2, i have a paper clip jumpering green and purple and have green wired to the class 2 feed to the unit( green was the stock radio input)
How did you get rid of your - - situation? Also, how did you pow your big lense dome light??

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How did you get rid of your - - situation? Also, how did you pow your big lense dome
Swapping in the third module worked, first 2 i pulled from the yard must had some issue. I tapped off the push button light for power, took some sanding down of the edges to get it to fit, its not perfect but it stays put

Daddie2k3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got my dome working. Also, I got everything wired up and temp works, direction/compass works, and gas used works. I understand that the range will read low because I have a 97 but my purple obd2 wire to the yellow DIC wire is still leaving me with - - for the other readings.

Please advise

Daddie2k3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got my dome working. Also, I got everything wired up and temp works, direction/compass works, and gas used works. I understand that the range will read low because I have a 97 but my purple obd2 wire to the yellow DIC wire is still leaving me with - - for the other

Attachments

• 546D417C-875D-470D-A875-9B97791EB281.jpeg
    546D417C-875D-470D-A875-9B97791EB281.jpeg
    226.4 KB · Views: 9

mwilliams55555

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have one from a Warner brothers edition Venture van with a factory monitor, I wonder how easy to get it to work with a DVD player in dash double din, 99 suburban K-1500 5.7

yblow

Reaction score
Got mine installed in a 93. How do you calibrate these things it is stuck in cal mode and just shows n/w on the compass. Temp is working.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

tybcr783

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Read a bunch on this thread and am going to get me a DIC from the junkyard today, only thing I'm unsure of is mounting, I've seen people use panhead 1/2" screws and I do have some, but for a single cab do I have to cut a square out of my headliner for the install?