How To: Install a Compass / Temperature Rear View Mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
I believe you're right. I replaced the temp wire and it works fine now. I was really pissed for a while. :nono:

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
You could place your temp sensor in a vat of liquid nitrogen and it'd think it's short circuited........at true zero, there is absolutely no resistance, similar to a short.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
found one this weekend. there were two tahoes in hard and it was in one. i grabbed the pigtail from ti but didnt think it was right being 3 wirs went to the other tahoe turns out it cameouta that one but no temp prob so i went to a s10 and grabbed that. only cost me 2 bucks :) getting some wire today and installing. the lense is in better condition than my current mirror too so im happy. been searching for one of these forever finally paid off

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so i just did the install my mirror had 7 wires and everything but how do i get it to go to temp mode? the buttons say comp or mirror but on the lcd dispay yu can see where it says 100 and c or f

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
crap oh well im only out 2 bucks. ill keep on the look out. least im all wired for it now.

Yeap, I just put my mirror in too, and realized it was a compass mirror only, didn't realize it until it was to late. Like you said, at least I am wired for it already. Just pick up the right mirror next time I see one and plug it up.

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
anyone know what wire to tap into under the dash for the reverse lights??

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
The reverse lite wire is Lt green. Comin from the switch on the tranny, thru the harness connector at the fire wall and into the cab. Don't know where it goes from there, or if it changes color on the way.

Check that.
Lt green from lites to switch. Blue from the switch to the cab

Sorry.

Last edited: