How To: Install a Compass / Temperature Rear View Mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score

so under the dash i am looking for a blue wire?

i'll take a look tomorrow at my truck and see if i can find what terminal to plug into in the junction box behind the parking brake, one of those has to be there just for hooking this up

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
i'll take a look tomorrow at my truck and see if i can find what terminal to plug into in the junction box behind the parking brake, one of those has to be there just for hooking this up

That info will def be helpful even if you can find out which terminal on that junction block is switched 12v power! I dont mind having to run a wire to the reverse switch on the trans for the same purpose since I gotta check it out anyway to figure why my reverse lights dont work.

Powered by Detroit Diesel

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score

appreciate it sir

thank u too shelby

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the how to, I saw one today at the junkyard but forgot my Torx.....

If you have a flat blade screwdriver close to the right size sometimes you can work the screw out, or just use any flat screwdriver to pry the mount off the windshield. Just some options for ya next time so you don't have to leave empty handed.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Thanks, no worries....I went back today and picked it up at the junkyard. Now I'm just trying to figure out a simple way to see if it works

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks, no worries....I went back today and picked it up at the junkyard. Now I'm just trying to figure out a simple way to see if it works

Connect it to a 12V power supply. Pink = positive, black = ground, then green w/tracer and black or gray w/ tracer is for the temp probe. And light green goes to your reverse light wire @neutral safety switch!